Christmas Card Sayings & Quotes: Sayings and Quotes for Christmas Cards – Choose the Best! Handmade DIY Christmas cards with goodwill Christmas messages have been sent by hand or by mail, for several centuries. The first time it is recognized as what we consider today as a Christmas card, that is, a card printed on paper sent by mail, was sent on Christmas 1843.
Christmas Card Sayings & Quotes
- Sir Henry Cole, founder of London’s Victoria and Albert Museum, had sent many letters written by hand before, but this year was commissioned John Calcott Horsley to paint a card showing feeding and clothing the poor.
- “A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year for you” was printed on the first Christmas card.
- Since then, the billions of cards that have been sent almost all contain a printed verse. Many of these are taken from religious or sentimental texts, especially from Victorian authors such as Charles Dickens.
- My best wishes for a Happy and Prosperous New Year.
- Bless us Lord, this Christmas, with the tranquility of the mind;
Teach us to be patient and always be kind. – Helen Steiner Rice
- Blessed is the station that is dedicated to the whole world in a conspiracy of love! – Hamilton Wright Mabie
- Christmas … is not an eternal event at all, but a piece of your home that you carry in your heart. – Freya Stark
- Christmas begins on the first of December with a party in the office and ends when you finally realize what you spent, around April fifteenth of next year. – PJ O’Rourke
- From the commercial point of view, if Christmas did not exist it would have to be invented. – Katharine Whitehorn
- From house to house, and from heart to heart, from one place to another. The warmth and joy of Christmas brings us closer to each other. – Emily Matthews
- He who does not have Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree. – Roy L. Smith
- Congratulations and best wishes for a New Year of happiness in a world of peace.
- Congratulations!. . . Celebrate every day.
- Peace on Earth
- Peace on earth and best wishes throughout the New Year
- Peace on earth will come to be established, when we live Christmas every day. – Helen Steiner Rice
- People can not properly focus on blowing other people to pieces if their minds are poisoned by thoughts appropriate to December twenty-fifth. – Ogden Nash
Christmas Card Sayings 2018
Here is a selection of the many verses and rhymes that have been used as a source by Christmas card writers – from the poignant and profound of the comical and cynical:
- A Christmas candle is a beautiful thing;
It does not make any noise at all,
but quietly it is given away;
Although quite disinterested, it grows small. – Eva K. Logue
- A Christmas bounce can often cheer up
a poor man’s heart through half the year. – Walter Scott
- The complaint of a buyer at Christmas is to wait for a long time.
- And the angel said to them: “Do not be afraid! For behold, I bring you good news of great joy, which shall be to all the people. “Today, in the city of David, a Savior is born to you, who is Christ the Lord. And this will be a sign for you: You will find the child wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger. – Saint Luke 10-12
- And the Grinch, with his frozen feet of Grinch in the snow, stood still and confused, how can that be? It came without tapes. It came without labels. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And puzzled and bewildered, “until his puzzle was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he had not thought of before. What if Christmas, he thought, does not come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little more. – Dr. Seuss
- Are you willing to believe that love is the strongest thing in the world – stronger than hate, stronger than evil, stronger than death – and that the blessed life, which began in Bethlehem 1900 years ago, is the image and the brightness of eternal love? Then you can celebrate Christmas. – Henry Van Dyke
- As the holiday season approaches, we find ourselves reflecting on the past year and on those who have helped shape our business in a more meaningful way. We value our relationship with you and look forward to working with you in the coming year. We wish you a very happy holiday season and a New Year full of peace and prosperity.
- At Christmas play and have good spirits,
Christmas comes once a year – Thomas Tusser
- Maybe the best Christmas decorations are the smiles.
- Remember, this December, that love weighs more than gold! – Josephine Dodge Daskam Bacon
- There is a remarkable break of taste and intelligence in the Christmas season. Mature, responsible grown men wear ties made from holly leaves and drink alcoholic beverages with raw egg yolks and cottage cheese in them. – PJ O’Rourke
There is no more appropriate time to say “thank you” and wish you happy holidays and a New Year of health, happiness and prosperity.
Christmas SMS, Christmas Traditions in Iceland, Merry Christmas Wishes, We Wish You A Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas Greetings, Christmas Quotes for Cards, Christmas Cards, Merry Christmas Cards, Handmade Christmas Cards, Merry Christmas Messages, Merry Christmas Poems, Merry Christmas Quotes, Merry Christmas Images, Merry Christmas Postcards, Funny Christmas Quotes, Funny Christmas Memes,Christmas Wishes Quotes, Funny Christmas Greetings, Christmas Card Sayings